Dental Implants in West Covina
Dental implant is the best treatment option for missing teeth. Basically, there are two types of dental implants.
- Endosteal implants are made of titanium placed into your jaw.
- Subperiosteal implants are for patients who have shallow jawbone. In addition, these implants are placed under the gum but above the jawbone.
Smile Center West Covina offers both forms of dental implants for either a single tooth or teeth. Contact our finest dentist Dr. Ebi Nikoo to see which implant is right for you (626-918-3388).
How do a Dentist perform a Dental Implant Procedure
- First, a dentist evaluates a patient by performing x-ray and CT scan. Also, evaluation consist teeth impression to determine how the implant will affect the bite and overall structure of your jaw.
- If necessary, the dentist may extract a damaged tooth. In addition, the dentist determines whether you will need a bone graft. Bone graft is a procedure where the professional surgeon takes a bone from your body and fuse it with the existing bone
- Once the necessary precautionary steps are made, the surgery can begin. First of all, the dentist give local anesthesia to the patient and makes sure the patient is comfortable and is numb on the area of surgery.
- Then, the dentist drills and makes small incisions into the gum tissue to create a space to put the dental implant in. The dentist put the sterile implant inside the space and then stitch up the necessary gum areas.
- Temporary tooth (crowns) will be placed on the implants while the bone heals. After a few weeks, the dentist then place the permanent crown.
Advantages of Dental Implant
- It is long term - lasts up to 40 years
- Efficiency in eating and chewing
- Prevent damage on surrounding teeth
- Preserve jaw bone
- Looks like your real teeth
How much does a Dental Implant Cost?
Dental implants cost varies depending on the patient. At Smile Center West Covina, our top dentist Dr. Ebi Nikjoo offers affordable treatment plans that can cater to your particular needs. Contact us today for a free consultation and see whether dental implants is right for you (626-918-3388).